Excellent response to the panel discussion ‘Winning strategies and uncertainties in life sciences’
21st November 2019
Farmantra successfully hosted its third annual event in the heart of Barcelona where several decision makers – CEOs, CSOs of biotech/medtech companies and others attended the event and enjoyed high quality discussions with the panelists Stephan Christgau – Founding Partner, EIR Ventures and Former Senior Partner, Novo Seeds; Raúl Martín-Ruiz – Partner, Ysios Capital; Jonas Ekblom – CEO, Promore pharma.
The panel discussion centered around the following main themes:
- The outcome of decision may not be related to the quality of decisions because of randomness that rule our lives
- How does our behavioral biases ruled by ego and blind stops prevent us from making good decisions?
- If a biotech/pharma company publicly share their failed clinical trials, would it help other companies learn from the failures and improve R&D productivity?
- How can the European ecosystem of funding and entrepreneurship be evolved given European culture doesn’t appreciate failures and is more risk averse than say Americans?
- Several other questions related to quality of team, criteria of successful investment and so on
The panel discussion exceeded the time limit because of several audiences actively participating in the discussion. The discussion was followed by delicious tapas and Networking cocktail which several participants found useful.
We look forward to our exciting annual event in 2020 with new set of quality panelists.